2016-17 Trent Excalibur Varsity Student-Athlete Orientation Process
Please note that all steps are mandatory for participation as a member of the Excalibur Varsity Programs. Failure to complete steps as outlined can result in prohibiting student-athletes from training and/or competition.
Where it is indicated that something is available ‘Online through MyTrent’, it will be under ‘Services’ > ‘Athletics’. These online forms as well as those forms that must be printed and handed in as hard copies (Under 18 forms) will be available on Friday July 22nd, 2016.
- 2 weeks (10 business days) prior to the first day of their respective sport’s training camp/tryouts, student-athletes are required to complete in full and submit the following forms:
- Athlete Information Form (MyTrent);
- Medical Questionnaire (Online through MyTrent)
- Medical Questionnaire will be reviewed by Trent Health in Motion (THiM) within 48 hours of receipt (may take longer pending forms received). Athletes may be flagged for follow up. If a student-athlete is flagged for follow-up then it is mandatory that they make themselves available for in-person assessment by THiM and/or provide clearance from a physician prior to the first day of their respective training camp/try-out
- We are asking any student-athlete that may have a pre-existing, current or recent condition or injury to be prepared with clearance from a physician ahead of time. This could save all parties valuable time.
- Varsity Athlete Agreement (Online through MyTrent);
- Release of Liability (Online through MyTrent***)
***NOTE: VERY IMPORTANT. ATHLETES UNDER 18 WILL BE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE AND SIGN A SEPARATE FORM WHICH MUST ALSO BE COMPLETED AND SIGNED BY THEIR PARENT OR GUARDIAN. THIS WILL BE A HARD COPY FORM THAT MUST BE SUBMITTED AND CAN BE FOUND HERE: .
- Upon naming of final roster (minimum 7 days prior to 1st Regular Season game and a minimum of 2 days prior to exhibition play)
- Comprehensive Orientation Session
- These will be completed on a team/sport specific basis, run during training camp (this time for the orientation session will be co-ordinated with the Head Coach)
- Mandatory attendance by all student-athletes on the roster (additional sessions will not be offered for individual student-athletes).
- Comprehensive Orientation Session
- Medical Review
- Prior to any form of competition (including Pre-Season training or exhibition games), athletes will go through full medical review with a THiM therapist. This in-depth assessment may require clearance from a physician prior to continued training and/or competition. As such, this step may be required Prior to naming of your final roster
- Concussion protocol
- All final roster athletes will conduct baseline testing for concussion and mild Traumatic Brain Injury (mTBI).
- CCES True Sport Clean
- All Varsity student-athletes must complete their online anti-doping education prior to pre-season competition. This is done with a unique code and link that will be provided to the student-athletes.
- League Forms – All information that has been captured on the league forms (CIS, OUA) in the past will be captured in the Varsity Student-Athlete Information form we have created online
- Photos – A head shot of each student-athlete will be taken at the meeting/orientation session.
Information is available at www.trentvarsity.ca, but for further information please do not hesitate to contact the Department of Athletics & Recreation through:
Alex Bridal, athlete development coordinator, Trent University, (705) 748-1011 x6278 or firstname.lastname@example.org